Intern: Global Brand Department (Summer 2020)
This internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the student's career goals.
The internship enables students to participate in various professional activities for Mack Trucks, Inc. by working on innovative initiatives and projects. The internship allows students to integrate and develop knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Mack Trucks, Inc.
The Mack Customer Center is designed to deliver a first-class brand experience. The Mack Customer Center strategically showcases industry-leading products and service solutions that continue to keep Mack at the forefront of heavy-duty trucking.
This internship is located at the Mack Customer Center in Allentown, PA. The intern is directly involved in various sales supporting activities, including assisting in the development and presentation of the Mack Customer Experience program.
We are seeking a marketing student who is interested in brand marketing and sales. The intern will report directly to Brand Experience Manager, Global Brand Department. . who is directly responsible for the operation and advancement of the Mack Customer Experience.
Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the advancement and promotion of the Mack Customer Experience to support sales activity and brand awareness.
- Assist in the coordination and set-up of customer experience visits to the Mack facilities including logistics of customer programs.
- Conduct post-visit customer experience surveys and prepare presentation material for report of findings.
- Maintain customer data for monthly and quarterly reporting to management.
- Support internal, customer and community events held at the Mack Customer Center.
- Assist in leading customers, dealers, district sales managers and regional sales managers through the customer interactive zone/exhibits to emphasis specific product characteristics.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work multiple assignments.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Customer service orientated
- High attention to detail
Excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, survey software.
Duration and Expected Hours:
This position will require approximately 30-40 hours per week from May 2020 to August 2020.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Marketing degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify