Field Service Engineer - Mid-Atlantic Region
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions, and world-leading supplier of engines and complete powers systems for marine and industrial applications—both at land and sea. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer with customers in over 130 countries around the world.
The aftermarket segment mission is to create long-term business relationships with customers resulting in repeat business and new business from referrals due to superior customer satisfaction. Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA) is responsible for marketing, sales and customer support activities on the American continents. In this position, special focus will be given to support our dealers and our growing Industrial segment, in addition to our already strong Marine segments. This role is pivotal in meeting Volvo Penta’s targets concerning customer satisfaction and short lead times in customer support activities.
We are now looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our team!
What is the Job?
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be accountable for all service, technical support and warranty activities within the mid-Atlantic region—Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia—for both marine and industrial products. You will also be assisting our dealer customer base in determining methods to maintain and/or improve the competency level of each within Volvo Penta. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Providing onsite technical support to dealers as assigned by the VPA Chesapeake office to resolve customer concerns as well as ensure technicians receive necessary onsite training to handle repeat concerns.
- Investigating product complaints and make onsite decisions to promptly resolve them within VPA guidelines. You will also investigate reported safety incidents and report findings to VPA management, submit case details on product quality concerns, and process warranty authorizations in a timely manner.
- Encouraging all dealers to respond favorably and in a timely manner to communications sent from Volvo Penta—campaigns, recalls, etc. You will also promote and support original Volvo Penta parts sales and dealer incentive programs.
- Representing Volvo Penta service at assigned boat and industrial shows, dealer meetings, and promoting brand awareness through Volvo Penta advertisement, signage, website familiarity, and merchandise.
- Providing training to dealerships regarding navigation of the Volvo Penta Partner Network (VPPN) and learning management system (LMS, Navigator) to include master user setup of user accounts, and reinforncing training requirements (set-up and sending qualified technicians to instructor-led courses, and promoting eLearning’s) for maintaining dealer technical certifications. You may be required to assist the Training Department with instructing a training session for one of our products.
As a Field Service Engineer with Volvo Penta, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues as well as experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are You Looking for a Challenging, Hands-on Opportunity?
To be successful in this role, we need someone with:
- Strong mechanical & electronic expertise in troubleshooting repair, overhaul and installation of Volvo Penta Marine and/or Industrial products.
- In-depth knowledgeable of Marine and Industrial retail sales and service trade practices.
- High ability to work independently without direct supervision, and manage multiple objectives and cases at one time to include the being able to advise and mentor others regarding customer service techniques.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Power Point, Excel, Word etc.).
In addition, excellent communication skills are necessary as is the need for strong fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or technical-related field; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5 years’ marine and/or industrial retail trade experience.
- Technical certificates preferred.
Are you ready to join a team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Field Service Engineer with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify