Chief Project Manager, Connected services
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment. We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work, and the courage to think outside the box. Our people make the difference!
We are looking for a Chief Project Manager responsible for connected services. Your main task will be to lead the cross-functional work to deliver connected services to the market; from early stages, through development, pilots, roll-out and scaling to enhancements of existing services. Control and coordinate activities carried out within the projects and in different line functions
As a Chief Project Manager you will define the needed work packages, secure the plan of milestones, and ensure that the deliverables from each work stream and sub project are synchronized and fulfilled. You will obtain the necessary resources from the line organization within the entire company and bring out the best of your team. You will continuously assess the overall status to identify need for support and propose actions to management and steering committee. You are responsible for leading the connected services initiatives in such a way that commercial as well as technical targets are achieved to secure a successful launch.
The position offers excellent opportunities for you to use your own initiative and to carry out continuous improvements to the operation. Your attitude and mind-set will be a key asset for us
Who are you?
- Proven capability of planning and managing work with high complexity and business impact
- Experience within service development, uptime services and connectivity
- High ability to lead, coordinate and motivate team members. You are an appreciated and experienced leader
- Business and customer oriented mind-set
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You can easily reach across functions, processes and organization when needed
- Experience from agile development methodologies is a strong advantage
- Project management experience from Volvo Group and Volvo’s Development Process is a beneficial merit
- You have a MSc degree in engineering or equivalent
Johan Bäckman, Manager Chief Project Management, +46 31 323 69 96
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.