Senior mechanical engineer for Cab Exterior
The position will be appointed within Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), Vehicle Engineering, Cab Engineering in Gothenburg. In your role you will be responsible for certain Cab exterior components, throughout their life time on all Volvo trucks Heavy duty.
In the exterior team we develop exterior parts for the Volvo brand, covering advanced engineering, concept studies and detailed development work. We do this by combining our knowledge with trust and passion, all with the goal to make our customers succeed.
Main Tasks and responsibilities
As Senior Mechanical engineer you will be responsible for a mechanical area consisting either of plastic injection molded or vacuum formed plastic parts. You will have the possibility to contribute with solutions that will have a direct impact on CO2 emissions and the success for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Component owner for exterior parts for Volvo brand, from early phases to maintenance
- Lead cross-functional teams in different project deliveries and design stages
- Plan, secure and document design and functional solutions in projects cross-functionally
- Identify Advanced Engineering topics
- Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience with focus on engineering in plastic material
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with plastic engineering, either of plastic injection molding or thermoforming process
- Experience from working cross-functionally within automotive product development process
- Knowledge in Volvo’s internal system KOLA is a merit
- Knowledge from PDM systems, PDM-link is a merit
- Documented skills in Catia V5, concerning:
- Advanced structured part creation (Solid- and surface modeling)
- Modeling with respect to tooling (draft analysis, tool set up)
- Part- and complete system drawing creation
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Driver license B
To enjoy the work and succeed in this position you need to:
- Have a sincere interest in mechanical systems and engineering in plastics
- Always have component quality in mind
- Be structured and analytical
- Be self-motivated and have a passion for developing yourself and others
Ulrika Ohlsson, Manager Cab Ext and Vehicle Front Got, +46313234400
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.