The Seat System Engineer is a product owner of the seat (driver and passenger) and seat restraint system. You are responsible for ensuring the seat system meets the customer expectation and legal requirements through the life-cycle of the component. You would work with component strategy roadmaps to develop strategies for next generation of seat systems.
In product development projects, you will be the Engineering Task Leader (ETL) and be responsible for working with internal stakeholders to gather product requirements and have them cross-functionally anchored with different stakeholders including engineering, manufacturing, aftermarket, design and subject matter experts. You will then be working with supplier and purchasing to secure a design that fulfills the design requirements. As an ETL, you would ensure the completion of pro-active quality tools like (FMEA, Design for Assembly and After Market) and conduct design reviews. You would also develop the component validation plan and would ensure the seat would meet all internal Volvo and regulatory requirements for the country where the product is offered.
Qualifications and background
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required (Mechanical preferred)
- Master's degree preferred
- Automotive or Heavy duty truck industry experience is preferred
- Minimum five years of experience of product development (and if possible design of seats and safety belt or metallic & plastic parts)
- Experience using CAD systems (Catia/PRO-E) and PLM systems (Enovia/PDM) with the ability to position and manipulate models is required
- Experience/Understanding of product design methodology including surface design is preferred
- Experience in FMEA/Design for X and project time planning is required
- Ability to bring a cross-functional team to resolve technical issues
- Possess strong verbal/written communication skills and ability to build networks
- Customer focus, decision quality, collaboration, demonstrates self-awareness and action oriented
- Ability to productively manage change
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to Supplier facilities, Volvo manufacturing facilities, customer site and dealerships
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify