Vehicle Geometrical Architect, Feature Engineer (Lead Engineer)
- The purpose of this job is to provide Vehicle Geometrical Architecture to engineering to fulfill the following (but not limited to):
- Emphasis on vehicle application towards suitability for bodywork. You will develop and evaluate the features for enhancing our products to our end customers.
- Serves as a specialist within the Vehicle Geometrical Architect and suitability for bodywork areas, requiring limited direction and supervision.
- Lead multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams to deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects whilst solving packaging / geometry issues between different commodities.
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging to meet application and customer requirements.
- Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts (CAST).
- Maintain awareness of other projects, which may affect your current projects, or areas of authority.
- Identify A-interface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to A-interface process whilst reducing diversity if possible.
- Drive Digital Mock-up (DMU structure) deliveries according to DMU logic
- Take necessary geometrical decisions in a project or a packaging study. Decisions should be within project pre-requisites, frame/scope. This is to achieve agreed project requirements balanced with platform requirements.
- Arbitrate issues brought up between commodities, and escalate if needed, write Protus cases if/when necessary.
- Determine geometrical verification methods that should apply to a given project, request packaging vehicles and/or physical mock-up taking into account area complexities, time and cost.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Competence in ProE/Creo is preferred but not necessary; experience on a CAD system is beneficial.
- At least 5 years of experience in product development projects within cars and/or in commercial vehicles.
- Have a good ability to communicate both in written and spoken English.
- Must be able to lead and direct teams cross-functionally.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply for this position.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify