Powertrain Project Office Purchasing Manager
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that deliver 1.9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, and with a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customers and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Powertrain Purchasing North America is the team in charge of the supplier base that delivers Casting / Forging, Base Engine, Combustion, E-mobility, Vendor components/systems to build the engines/transmissions/axles for our Mack and Volvo trucks in North America. We own the responsibilities for these segments along the purchasing process (sourcing/projects/operations/revenue service parts) and work in a strong collaboration with our Global Powertrain Strategic Line. The team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
We are creating a Powertrain Project Office Manager position.
Our project portfolio is under heavy growth in North America and the team has the challenge to support them while raising the bar for our Brands on all aspects of the QDCFTSR.
PMP’s bring their expertise to manage procurement activities from sourcing to production, tracking clear and actionable deliverables and owners, ensuring clear communication channels, identifying and securing risk mitigation plans, achieving quality, cost and delivery targets, and executing change management throughout the project.
We are looking for a dynamic and inspiring leader to drive and manage the project activity and ensure the achievement of purchasing targets.
As Project Office Manager, your purpose is to:
- Lead the PMP’s
- Represent the Purchasing Group in assigned product development projects
- Drive efficiency through commonality in ways of working across the entire team
- Communicate project status, risks and needs to Purchasing community
- Represent the voice of Purchasing within the project management community
- Deliver all projects on time with agreed quality, cost, and features as well as technology, sustainability and risk management (QDCF-TSR) according to requested volumes and production capacity
- Enhance the Project Excellence with the Powertrain team
- Steer the purchasing project activities through active leadership and constant communication towards stakeholders in Purchasing and other functions.
- Ensure team works to secure supplier selection, product quality, cost and profitability targets, time management, procurement, project assurance, project risk, resource management, change management, and communication plans according to project plans.
- Manage the interface between Business and Project teams – be the voice of Purchasing to project organization
- Responsible to meet team KPI’s – OPEX, CAPEX, CEP, and all other project related KPI’s
- Manage resources – their project assignments, development, succession planning and all HR aspects
- Drive needs back into the line organization with current and future project load – resources, forecasting and standardization
- Work with other Project Office management to secure communication and alignment between the teams (i.e. PMP’s and CPM’s/PAM’s/global PMP’s…)
- Fulfilling assigned Purchasing Gate deliverables established by the Project Management Team according to Volvo’s Develop Product and Aftermarket Product Portfolio process (DVP).
- Identify and secure purchasing related risk mitigation plans and actions and document and communicate to purchasing management and program team.
- Prepare necessary project status, management project reviews and/or steering committee documents and presentations.
- Find efficiency through standardization and optimization across all PMP’s
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values.
- 7-10 years experience in Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing or Product Development
- Project Management experience
- Leading People
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills. MS Project experience (Preferred)
- University degree in Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing or Product Development or related discipline
- PMP certification (Preferred)
- Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management
- Building effective team
- Customer focus
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify