Intern: Mechanical Engineering (Summer 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Combustion Group as a Mechanical Engineering Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Combustion Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Group Manager - Air & Gas Systems.
- Work closely with the Engine Aftertreatment team to quickly analyze data coming from engine and vehicle testing.
- Receives instructions on specific assignments, objectives, complex features and possible solutions. Assistance is provided on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment
- Under guidance of engineers, analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering at
- an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify