Master Thesis within Human Factors &UX – Operator Platform and Control
We create a world-class work environment that keep heavy equipment operators productive and healthy throughout the working day, and this is something we are very proud of. This kind of work energizes and inspires us to strive for the best operator experience driving a Volvo machine.
We are now looking for one or more self-driven students that will challenge our views, and offer insight on topics presented throughout the project. This thesis should come from the combined best efforts of you, the student, and we here at Operator Environment, to improve our products and processes and help you succeed with your Master’s degree!
We encourage you to ask us questions if you have any, and present a proposal based on your area of interest with any of the research topics below as a starting point. Let us take it from there. If you are a team of students wishing to work together, this will also be considered.
- Operator Monitoring – Analytics Focus
- Testing of sensor technology to gather data
- Hypothesis on use of gathered data from seat, controls etc.
- Analysis of biometrical data to answer d and e.
- As a way to give feedback on real usage of our products and services?
- To directly guide, or coach, the operators towards better behavior to reach certain targets?
- Vibrational and Force Feedback as Information Channel in Primary Controls
- Application scenario
- Testing platform
- New Excavator Pedal Concept
- Need finding
- Concept generation
- Testing in simulator
- 3-1 Remote Control Platform
- Three different machines controlled from ONE platform
- Different level of control
- Type of controls and control layout
- Autonomous and Remote Operated Equipment – Site Operation
- Use case (simplified to confined site with only Volvo products)
- User and task description
- User profiles
- Task analysis
- Risk assessment
Dalibor Konjicija, Manager Common Solutions, +46165418515
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.