Master Thesis within Human Factors and UX – Evaluation Methods
We create a world-class work environment that keep heavy equipment operators productive and healthy throughout the working day, and this is something we are very proud of. This kind of work energizes and inspires us to strive for the best operator experience driving a Volvo machine.
We are now looking for one or more self-driven students that will challenge our views, and offer insight on topics presented throughout the project. This thesis should come from the combined best efforts of you, the student, and we here at Operator Environment, to improve our products and processes and help you succeed with your Master’s degree!
We encourage you to ask us questions if you have any, and present a proposal based on your area of interest with any of the research topics below as a starting point. Let us take it from there. If you are a team of students wishing to work together, this will also be considered.
- Motion Capture as Ergonomic Evaluation Tool in Development of Construction Equipment
- Limitations in using the technology
- Integration with DHM tool (Ramsis)
- Rapid Prototyping Platform
- Create a prototyping platform for connection of primary or secondary controls to a machine or simulator
- The purpose is to facilitate testing of new control concepts in construction equipment
- Physical Platform for Evaluation of Operator Environment with XR Technology (VR/AR/MR)
- Platform elements
- Possible XR integration
- Virtual Engineering – Increase Maturity
- How to build virtual trust
- Virtual tools as a natural part of the design process
- Virtual design reviews – new way of thinking
- Virtual design reviews with IC.IDO, how to get the most out of the system?
Dalibor Konjicija, Manager Common Solutions, +46165418515
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.