Intern: Finance (Summer 2020)
This position supports our Technology (R&D) area with both business & new product development project controlling and will also be exposed to other areas of Finance. Main objective of this role will be to help support budgeting, forecasting, monthly reporting & analysis.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Support month-end close helping to highlight main changes month over month
- Support monthly project & cost center analysis & reporting
- Support quarterly financial forecast updates
- Support to create & maintain monthly cost center spend bridges (R&D, Admin, Selling); incl. forecast accuracy
- Support to create & maintain monthly project spend bridges; incl. forecast accuracy
- Support Controller with project business case updates
- Support product cost follow-up & analysis; highlighting key changes month over month
- Support annual budget planning process
- Support general financial planning, reporting & analysis responsibilities
- Support general business & project control responsibilities
- Additional ad-hoc assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products (Excel is a must, VBA is a plus)
- Knowledge of and ability to learn SAP
- Analyze, collect and structure information
- Quick, crisp, and analytical mind
- Ability to formulate, communicate and present ideas with self-confidence
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Courage and integrity
- Time management
- Action oriented
- Technical skills
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; any other languages are a plus
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting at an accredited university and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Summer interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify