Lead Engineer: Performance Calibration Leader
Lead Engineer: Performance Calibration Leader, Engine Performance and Emissions Group
Volvo Group Trucks Technology is seeking highly qualified candidates experienced in Heavy Duty engine calibration to support the Powertrain Engineering organization located in Hagerstown, MD. This individual will be responsible for powertrain testing and calibration of heavy duty engines for MACK and Volvo Group Trucks North American applications. This is a position requiring technical competence and leadership ability, and success will require passion for our product.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The performance and emissions group is comprised of people with diverse levels of experience and backgrounds, but we have one thing in common, a love for engines and a desire to help produce the most powerful, cleanest, most reliable powertrains on the market. We work as a team to solve unique problems every day. We enjoy being close to our product and having a real impact on the success of our customer.
- A performance calibration leader owns engine calibrations over time and has a large amount of responsibility, with typical expectations including:
- Ownership of engine calibration for a platform, managing the product from advanced engineering through development and into maintenance activities
- Coordination of activities among a team of 2-4 engineers
- Acting as a technical mentor
- Supervision of tests performed in heavy duty engine dynamometer test cells.
- Actively involved in and personally responsible for the calibration of complex system level engine control parameters
- Responsible for engine calibration to achieve product certification and confirm compliance for the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resource Board (CARB) for powertrain emissions and OBD
- Analyzing data from trucks in the field to assist in all aspects of product development, from setting advanced engineering goals to helping resolve customer product quality issues
- Regular communication of technical topics to key stakeholders including senior management
- Requires domestic and international travel to support troubleshooting customer trucks in service, participate in expeditions such as summer, cold weather and high altitude chassis testing
You will be expected to perform a variety of tasks in a highly technical environment as the senior member of a team. Our teams are hardworking and members are supportive of each other. In order to compliment your colleagues you will need to exhibit characteristics such as:
- Ability thrive in stressful environments
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5-10+ years’ experience in powertrain calibration
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working in teams and developing relationships with peers
If you are eager to make a difference, to grow and be challenged and to experience the feeling of accomplishment as you solve difficult problems with your colleagues, we would like to get to know you better.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify